Friday, April 29, 2005

stuck in an airport

So, I write this from Bloomington/Normal IL....

Yesterday my flight was suppose to leave at 1:25. I get to my gate at 12:55 and realize I have a delay. I am partially confused cause I had called 3 times to make sure i was on time and check the monitors. well, what i thought was a 35 minute delay turned into a 7 hour delay. i was in the airport till 7:15.

So, while waiting on concourse A at DIA -- I was intrigued by a couple who had a little girl. MInd you she was the prettiest lil girl ever. So, anyhow... they spoke no english and were from mexico. they were my ageish. the lil girl (1 1/2)was there for atleast 4 hours and never cried or slept. We played and the family and I spoke soomewhat. it was so convicting that i was so selfish in never learning spanish. now, i have no idea what i will do about it.. but, it made me very sad.

anyhow, sonya had a student die at her school so she is tending to business while i got to sleep. so-- i hope to never be in DIA for 7 hours again.

i hear i am missing fabulous weather (icy and snow) in Colorado.

love, rhonda